The Madison Hash House Harriers regret to admit that COVID-19 is not a normal threat we can either run away from or drink into oblivion.
We are currently operating under official MH3 COVID PROTOCOL:
Conditions for regular “We all get together and run and drink and stuff” trails are being reviewed by Mismanagement on a week-by-week basis.
Non-human-contact social media-driven and remote hashing is still strongly encouraged and may be required, pending pandemic conditions.
Update: 6/4/2020 – We are continuing to evaluate conditions week to week and deciding if in-person hashing will resume, and this week we will be having an in-person hash! Please see below for details.
We are a drinking club with a running problem. We run every Saturday.
5pm during daylight savings time, 3 pm otherwise.
Now with every Full Moon!
Want to hare? Find an empty date and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stiffy’s Shiggy Strawberry Full Moon Eastside Vista and Poker RideStart: 7:00 pmDate: June 5, 2020 - 24 hours from nowLocation:
Pump up your rubbery things and lube your parts …
It’s time for SSSFMEVaPR !!!
(Stiffy’s Shiggy Strawberry Full Moon Eastside Vista and Poker Ride)
Grab your bike, helmet, lights, backpack of beverages and lucky rabbit's foot as this Friday night (June 5th) it is time to ride around the Eastside of Madison seeking little known vistas for Lunar-looksees and Capitol views! We will also test your poker skills (luck) because this is also a (totally contactless) poker rally!
The rules are so easy even a Social Distancing hasher can understand them:
· The buy-in is $10 per player.
· During each Lunar-look see or Capitol view stop, a card will be drawn for each player and added to their existing cards, eventually building to a poker hand of 7 cards (If a player has the same card drawn twice, it is replaced in the deck and another card will be drawn).
· The player with the best 5 card poker hand at the end of the night wins 100% of the pot (usually between $100 and $200)!
· It is all luck of the draw, so your lack of poker skill or your bounty of imbibing will not affect the outcome.
Gather: 7:00 pm Olbrich Beer Garden area (just outside the ropes if the OBG is open)
Roll out: 7:30 pm sharp
Stops: These lesser-known vistas are a mystery, but I will have someone post each upcoming location as we leave the previous stop.
Route: The route will feature quite a bit of Shiggy, ranging from grassy bits to short sections of tighter dirt trail. All the tricky Shiggy is optional and easily avoidable. The total route will probably be in the 15-mile range, and the end will be near the start.
Disclaimer: While outdoor activity is thought to be extremely low risk, we need to take distancing and safety seriously. Consider bringing hand sanitizer and a mask/buff to use at the stops. Also, bathrooms likely will not be available, plan ahead (did I mention lots of Shiggy?).
Remember to eat twice, we do not want anyone losing any weight.
TIA and 2Fists2Furryous apex predator Hash Run #2247Start: 5:00 pmDate: June 6, 2020 - 2 days from nowLocation:
Description:Alright, you wanks, listen up: We're going to do something approaching a traditional Hash this Saturday, hared by Waukesha's own Takes-It-All and possibly Madison's own (where the fuck does she live now?!) 2Fist; 2Furryous!!
Trail will be runner, walker, and doggo friendly.
This is our FIRST group hashing opportunity since the start of the COVID crisis and I know many of you are super excited, but before you get your Hasher-Licking-Bibs on, please understand that we are still in the middle of a rolling pandemic and we need to maintain a high level of responsibility if this is going to work.
So here's what you can expect and what we expect and what MLP, MV, and TIA will all be holding us to:
1) We're limiting the total number of hashers to 20. First to cum, first to run. If you cum late and we're over the limit, we kindly ask you to fuck off with the consolation prize that you'll have "dibs" (not Dribbs) for the next in-person hash.
2) No Food Sharing. Food provided by the hare will be pre-packaged and sanitized before being distributed.
3) No Drink Sharing. Please bring your own bottle of Malort if you really need some bitter fuck-hell.
4) No Licking. I know, this is what we've all been thirsting for, but I'm sorry - there's no way I can make this safe.
5) Masks must be worn in circle and at stops at least. For some reason this is controversial, but please think about how much fun it will be the first time someone suggests running around with only a mask on. We're going to be strict on this one - if you don't want to wear a mask while around other people, we're going to ask you politely to leave. We still love you. Just not your infected breath.
6) All activities take place outside. Thankfully, it's goddamn gorgeous outside.
7) Everyone is expected to do the "Social Distance" spread-out. We should all be pros at this by now.
8) We will take attendance.
Thanks everyone for your creativity, energy, patience and enthusiasm over the last two months. We're excited to see each other and I'm optimistic that we will be able to keep seeing each other so long as we can stick to these guidelines.
Testicle Difficulties Cultural Appropriation Hash Run #2248Start: 5:00 pmDate: June 13, 2020 - 1 week from nowLocation:
Remember the Anal Ho Immortality Solstice Hash #2249Start: 5:00 pmDate: June 20, 2020 - 2 weeks from nowLocation:
Red Dress Run #2250Start: 5:00 pmDate: June 27, 2020 - 3 weeks from nowLocation: